We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Professional organiser and Good Morning Britain alum Nicola Lewis (aka @thisgirlcanorganise) shared her top space-saving tips to make the best use of the inside of your car. She has 10 tips, genius uses of space to make your car feel 10 times bigger.
This includes a clever glovebox idea, which could drivers you time and also prevent the loss of items that are expensive to replace, like a driver’s licence.
Nicola teams up with CarStore to create a TikTok video detailing her best car cleaning insights.
Ahead of it being posted on her TikTok account, she told Express.co.uk exclusively: “Plastic wallets are great for storing small essential items like copies of your driver’s licence, insurance details, receipts, notepad, and pen. Store them inside your glove compartment along with your logbook.”
This was one of a number of useful things to keep around your car.
Nicola said: “Store a small coin purse in the side panel of your car to use when at the supermarket or car parks.”
The organiser went on: “Pack a ‘just in case’ bag filled with tissues, eco wipes and sick bags should there be a spillage or accident en route. Store the bag under the front passenger seat.”
This is just one in a huge list of hugely useful schemes to spruce up your car.
How to organise your car
- Clip a hook on the back of the front seats to hang your bag
- Introduce a car bin to keep the car tidy! The lining is also waterproof so can be cleaned easily
- If you have little ones, then a hanging car organiser is super useful for storing the kids’ toys
- Fill a cushion with your kid’s comforters/cuddly toys. It also acts as a cosy pillow for long car journeys
Easy way drivers can use 20% less petrol by adjusting their windows [FUEL]
Little-known button instantly slashes fuel consumption by 12 percent [PETROL]
‘You will use less fuel’: Simple and easy car tweak [EXPERT]
- Add a floating boot organiser to store essentials like waterproofs, first aid items, sick bags, tissues, tyre pump and electrical devices
- Pack a couple of collapsible and stackable containers and organise them into category order (toys, holidays essentials, food for the store cupboard)
- Place your clothes in vacuum bags and pack them into holdall bags. This will give you a lot more room inside your boot to pack more things
- If you’re still struggling for space, consider using another vacuum bag and storing this underneath the front passenger car seat!
- Did you know there’s two handy hooks inside your car boot, perfect for holding any extra bags?
UK used car dealerships CarStore helps drivers find the perfect used car.
CarStore’s trained Personal Advisors offer impartial advice to suit consumer wants and needs.
All vehicles on sale through CarStore go through an Approved 123-point inspection, comprehensive background checks and road-test by expert technicians.
This advice may come in handy, especially as drivers have been warned of £100 fines for not cleaning their cars.
Clutter in the car can be bad enough to amount to careless driving.
Jamie Louram, Halfords Car Cleaning Buyer, said: “While there is no fine for having a messy interior, clutter if bad enough can also fall under the careless driving rule leading to a fine of up to £100.
“As a general rule, keep your car clutter-free to avoid any dangerous situations such as things getting stuck under the brake pedal or blocking your view.”
Another car hack showed drivers a little-known button shuts down car and instantly slashes fuel consumption by 12 percent.
Now TikTok user Megan’s Bubble has posted more car hacks. The latest tip involves another button in the car many drivers may not understand.
Source: Read Full Article