On the lack of an AT variant, the sales advisor reasoned that the company would launch an electric version of the C3 by December.
BHPian lokesh79 recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Visited La Maison Citroën Coimbatore this afternoon for a test drive of the Citroën C3.
- There were a good number of walk-ins (at least 5) during the hour I spent in the showroom waiting for the TD.
- Age group of walk-ins varied from 25 years to 60+.
- The 60+ gentleman left within 2 minutes when he got to know that there was no automatic transmission option available. He left a nice comment to the sales advisor – you can only sell what the company offers.
- One booking was made by a couple – their first car most likely. The sales advisor mentioned that they had 65 bookings to date.
- Indicative price that the sales advisors were mentioning was between 6.25 Lakhs to 9.75 Lakhs OTR. Interestingly between the two sales advisors, there was a 50k difference in prices mentioned.
- On the lack of AT variant, the sales advisor’s reasoning is the pending launch of C3 Electric by December. Truth or not – no idea.
- Beverages on the menu card had more options (including milkshakes) than in a typical restaurant.
About the car
- Positives – Looks, seating, ride quality, turbo variant
- Neutral – Interiors, NA version performance, 30L tank
- Negatives – Feature omissions
Felt the car will be preferred by first-time buyers who are seeking novelty with looks. Buyers looking to replace a city beater or a second car will be put off by the negatives.
My wife summed it up with a one-liner – “Car is good to drive, but overall feels like a step down from our Swift (Vxi 2009 Model)”.
Hope Citroen pulls out Magnite-type pricing to convert the bookings to actual sales.
Here’s what BHPian denny_ace had to say about the matter:
If reports are to be believed, Citroën’s EV is going to be available sooner than later. In the latest articles about upcoming EVs, Financial Express has listed Citroën’s EV too.
Citroën already has a range of EVs on sale in Europe and the UK including their small city EV – AMI.
The launch of an electric version of the C3 can really spice up things in the EV space in India.
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article